+ Reply to Thread

Default Oven door driving me crazy

We have a Kenmore electric range that has a mind of its own. The light switch in the oven will start clicking on and off for what seems to be no reason. My house is on a crawlspace, and my first thought was the floor was uneven, but it will do it even when you are standing still or not even in the room. Any thoughts, or do I need to call Ghost Hunters?

Default Re: Oven door driving me crazy

It's not simple to troubleshoot your appliance on line. If you're not familiar, you'll need an appliance repairman.

If you still want to try it yourself, most likely your control board is causing it, so change it and see. You can find a control board for your range on line or at Sears/parts.

Is the door closing tightly or is it ajar where light vibration can flick the door switch? Make sure the door is closing tightly.

Is the bulb tight in it's socket? A loose bulb can make intermittent contact. Check the bulb and make sure the light switch on the control panel is off.
    Last edited by A. Spruce; 01-17-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Oops sorry, I misread your posting...