+ Reply to Thread

Question sewage system psi

Does anyone know what the pressure is for the sewage system in clay county, mo? i have been searching the web and i cant get any hits. please help!
    Last edited by jwetherill86; 01-17-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Default Re: sewage system psi

Are you asking what the testing pressure should be? Or what pressure should be on the system? There should be 0 pressure in a DWV system that is one of the reasons for vent piping.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    are you asking what the testing pressure should be? Or what pressure should be on the system? There should be 0 pressure in a dwv system that is one of the reasons for vent piping.

John
    the pressure in the system. I read up on it in case file and it should be a gravity feed system. The house was built in the early 1930's. Would this be correct?

The pressure outside your house and in the street? That depends on how hilly it is and if there are any in-line pumps in the system.

As far as your house and it's connection to the public system, the pressure would still be zero.

If you are thinking the public sewage is backing up into your pipes that can happen if the downhill pipes (relative to your home) are clogged or partially clogged giving no where for the up hill sewage (yours and your neighbors) to go. But I can't see that from here.