Hi all,

I recently moved into a resale home which has a gas fireplace and a light switch which works the fireplace. Everything worked greet for months until now. One day I turned the switch on and the fireplace didnt light. Now the pilot light is still on and i can turn the fireplace on noramly fron the front of the fireplace. Its just the switch no longer fucntions. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I have no clue how this witch works. I've been reading that it receives power generated from the pilot light, could be wrong
thanks in advance