+ Reply to Thread

Default shower drains slowly after dishwasher has been used

I'm having trouble with my shower drain.After we use the dishwasher the shower drains slowly.I've used drain cleaner in the tub and have even snaked the drain, it helps but the next time we use the dishwasher it happens again.We always rinse our dishes before loading them,so I dont think its food getting stuck.The kitchen sink and dishwasher are located right behind the shower wall.Thanks in advance for any info

Default Re: shower drains slowly after dishwasher has been used

You need to snake the kitchen drain using the correct size snake. That being a snake with at least a 1-1/14" head.

John

It sounds like you have a kitchen sink and a shower draining into the same 2" drain. That makes the drain congested and your problem keeps coming back.

The cheapest remedy is to clear the drain periodically. Don't use those expensive drain chemicals. Also, when using the garbage disposer, keep the cold water running for about 20 seconds longer after you turn off the GD, to flush away whatever there is in the line.

Sounds like there is grease build up in the drain line. Keep fats, grease and oils from being poured down the drain.

It also sounds like the clog isn't too far away. A good snaking should do the trick. It would also be helpful to maintain the line with periodic cleaning microbes.