+ Reply to Thread

Question Bath faucet conversion

I am doing a bathroom remodel and want to replace my bath/shower faucet. It is a 2 handle system now and wonder if there is a replacement that will convert it to a blender faucet. The bathtub is a plastic one piece unit with walls so really don't want to replace the tub if it can be avoided. So need something that will attach to the existing plumbing but will have a plate that is the blender faucet. Anyone have an idea.

Default Re: Bath faucet conversion

This will work with a Delta or Moen faucet.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_89236-866-19...ductId=3061775

John

Whe you change the bodies (inside the wall manifolds) you will have to do some plumbing modifications. I hope you have easy access in the back of the bathroom. Secure the new body in place and finish from the bath side.

The wide cover plate will cover the existing unused holes and it will look like new.

I have a very similar question, but it relates to replacing the body, that assembly behind the wall.

We have the new plumbing and are ready to put it in, but are a little bit stumped about how to remove the old piece. There is an access panel (thank goodness), but the joint between the old piece and the shower pipe is soldered and we aren't sure how to release it. Do we have to cut it? Can we just use the soldering iron to loosen it?

Thank you!

You need to cut the lines feedind the existing faucet and using couplings install the new faucet. The joints need to be soldered with a torch. If you don't have any experience with soldering joints I suggest you hire a plumber. Soldering inside a wall is no place to learn. You could start a fire very easily.

John

Thank you so much! My husband does have significant experience soldering, but we're learning the plumbing angle. This will save us the time of trying to figure out this one piece

- How many holes do you have in your bathtub ensemble wall?
    - What is the distance from the hot water hole to the cold water hole?
    - do have access to this plumbing wall from the other side?

Your accurate answers will make it easier to suggest.
    Last edited by dj1; 06-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.