Hello,

My husband and I just purchased our first home. The home was built in 1875, but was completely renovated in the last year.

The home is built right into the rock face of a steep hill. The issue is, there are many freshwater springs popping up all over this hill, and it appears there may be some water that is making it's way into the structure of the home on the very back wall along the floor. Is there a way we could divert these springs? Does anyone know what kind of professional we could contact about this? My main concern is keeping moisture away from the home to protect against any mold developing.

Also - received a quote today to replace the back half of the home's roof, which had not been redone. The quote came back at $2,200, which includes repairing flashing around two chimneys. Does this sound reasonable? We are first time home owners and just figuring all of these details out! We did have a thorough home inspection before purchasing the home, and knew there were some issues with water, and that the roof needed to be replaced in the back.

Thanks for your thoughts!