Re: First Table saw
I have used a 1 3/4 hp Delta for years and it has served me well. 99% of the time it is all that you need. The real problem is the other 1% of the time. It will bog down on wood that is thick or very hard but you can usually work around that. So the real question is the price and what you are going to be using it for. If you can afford a cabinet saw I would recommend you buy it, buying something that you will want to replace saves no money. If you are just going to do handyman work around the house and most likely cut nothing over 3/4" in thickness, I would recommend a contractor's saw because you can move it to your work areas.
Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb