Closed Thread

Unhappy Ceramica Da Vinci Maui 12" x 12" Tile

Looking for about 6 boxes of Ceramica Da Vinci Maui 12" x 12" tiles. Initial purchase was from Home Depot in 2003. Home Depot no longer stocks tiles.

Default Re: Ceramica Da Vinci Maui 12" x 12" Tile

Oh God! Please not another thread about this frigg'n tile!

People! If you shop at Home Depot or any other warehouse store you're ONLY going to get what they have on hand and THAT WILL BE THE END OF THAT PRODUCT!!!

Homo-Cheapo ONLY carries a product until the train load of whatever they bought is gone, then that particular product will cease to exist to mankind ever again!

If you want a quality product that will be available for longer than you can say "where the hell can I find more???", then you have to purchase from suppliers who care about the items they sell.

Try going directly to the source instead of a middleman. Go to Dal-Tile and purchase directly from them. Most of what they carry will be available for years. Guess what, Homo-Cheapo buys from Dal-Tile and marks up the price to you. Want something special? Homo-Cheapo is going to charge you DOUBLE what you will pay elsewhere!

Do you want to save money? STOP SHOPPING AT HOMO-CHEAPO!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

that last post will stay, sorry, spruce may be being a little harsh but hes speaking the truth.

i dont know how many times ive done work on homes where the homeowner bought material from a big box store thinking they were going to save money via buying there only for it to bight them on the ass. if you buy any type of flooring or specialty item buy through a dealer not hd.. hd wont do special orders and you run the severe risk of not getting enough of what you need
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    that last post will stay, sorry, spruce may be being a little harsh but hes speaking the truth.

i dont know how many times ive done work on homes where the homeowner bought material from a big box store thinking they were going to save money via buying there only for it to bight them on the ass. if you buy any type of flooring or specialty item buy through a dealer not hd.. hd wont do special orders and you run the severe risk of not getting enough of what you need
    Agreed.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I agree too.

There is a rule of thumb when buying materials: buy more than what you need. Use as much as you need and save the rest.

If you don't this rule, maybe you shouldn't be doing it yourself...

Spruce just expressed his frustration regarding this subject that keeps popping up way too many times.

exacty,, a similar thread went on for almost 5 or 6 pages...

you bought your tile back in 2003.. thats 10 yrs ago almost.. your not going to find it now.. check a tile whole saler for a very close match other wise redo your floor..
    fire up the saw and make some dust