+ Reply to Thread

Default All ceiling lights don't work.

All our ceilings lights don't work. Both floors. The only ceiling light that is working, is the basement. We checked the circuit box, and all the circuits are ON.
    We had one bulb go out. Then in another room two more go out. Then all the ceilings lights won't come on. We replaced the lights bulbs. But the lights won't come on. What do we do now?

Default Re: All ceiling lights don't work.

Start by turning off your light circuit breakers and turning them back on. When a breaker pops, it must be fully turned off before it can be reset. When you push to the off position it may or may not be accompanied by a click. When you turn it back on it should click into place.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Sounds like a breaker problem.

Do as Spruce says, since many older breakers stick sometimes. Some breakers look like they're 'on', but they're not. You may even have to replace a breaker or two.

If after all this you still have the problem, move to step 2: wires, sockets and switches. Don't rule out anything until thoroughly checked.

Wink Re: All ceiling lights don't work.

Thanks to all. We will try that. Penny

IF it's a newer "homeline" series panel, I've heard of some of these breaker failing after 1 trip. You might end up needing to replace the breaker.

After talking to an electrical engineer at my work I decided ot spend a little extra and go with a better QO series panel Square D panel.
    1925 Two-Story Stucco Beaux Arts Neoclassical