+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Looking for blueprint software

Does anyone know of a blueprint software program that will help me with planning, design and layout? Plan to finishing my basement from scratch. Any help or comments greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jtf0914; 01-06-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Default Re: blueprint software

the last poster didnt give any helpful info thus deleted
    however regarding your question. there are several programs that you can do this with. some big box stores have them in the how-to book section. you can also get them at large electronic stores in the computer program section or larger book stores.

calculated industries makes one under the "construction master line. there are more but their names dont come to mind. typically im the one reading plans trying to figure out where architects messed up measurements. most are drawn in CAD or SKETCHUP. there are some newer programs being used now too. typically when i get them they are either on paper or in adobe reader format
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Most of the cheap ware is very cumbersome and limited. Google Sketchup has been raved about for a while now about being an easy interface with decent abilities. As far as I know Sketchup is a free product from Google.

http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

[QUOTE=A. Spruce;258159]Most of the cheap ware is very cumbersome and limited. Google Sketchup has been raved about for a while now about being an easy interface with decent abilities. As far as I know Sketchup is a free product from Google.

Thanks A. Spruce, I appreciate the reply. I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    the last poster didnt give any helpful info thus deleted
    however regarding your question. there are several programs that you can do this with. some big box stores have them in the how-to book section. you can also get them at large electronic stores in the computer program section or larger book stores.

calculated industries makes one under the "construction master line. there are more but their names dont come to mind. typically im the one reading plans trying to figure out where architects messed up measurements. most are drawn in CAD or SKETCHUP. there are some newer programs being used now too. typically when i get them they are either on paper or in adobe reader format
    jkirk, thanks for the info!