+ Reply to Thread

Default "rocket anchor" for chalklines

Some years back, maybe ten, I found this line anchor and bought a few. I am looking to purchase new units. They're ****** site does not come up through any search engine (possibly closed, no longer in business?) Can anyone out there help me locate these? Thanks in advance! Kevin.

Default Re: "rocket anchor" for chalklines

Can you describe them better, post a picture or provide a link to something similar?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

it's approx 2" long by 5/8" diam. in the shape of a rocket. Metal pin to stick in mat'l to be chalked to hold it in place on one end. This unit works best when cutting long slash cuts in plywood or when by yourself snapping layout lines. the normal line holder is held in the "rocket". I'll attch a pic tomorrow or day after. This thing is a great time saver.

You will need to host personal pictures elsewhere and link to them because members with fewer than 10 posts can't upload images. Spammers have ruined things for everyone.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Were these blue and yellow? I seem to recall Irwin offering these some time ago- they were essentially an over-engineered thumbtack I think it was at the orange big-box where I saw them. An Awl will do the same job and many others too

Phil

stanley makes something similar now which is in the fatmax line of tools, just check the hand tool isle at home depot.. ive only ever seen one in use once and that was some time ago.. the guy who had it just bought a new chalk line and it came packaged in with it

theres another product along these lines called the "V-LINE" its basically a small clamp that has a slot where the chalk line hook goes into. it looks like a chip bag clip, i know many production framers that use them. when your not using it, it can simply clamp on to your tool belt instead of floating around in a pocket full of nails or other hand tools
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    stanley makes something similar now which is in the fatmax line of tools, just check the hand tool isle at home depot.. ive only ever seen one in use once and that was some time ago.. the guy who had it just bought a new chalk line and it came packaged in with it

theres another product along these lines called the "V-LINE" its basically a small clamp that has a slot where the chalk line hook goes into. it looks like a chip bag clip, i know many production framers that use them. when your not using it, it can simply clamp on to your tool belt instead of floating around in a pocket full of nails or other hand tools
    Yep, you're right! It wasn't Irwin at all. Here's the link:

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....3B+Line+Anchor

Thanks for setting me straight!
    Phil