I replaced the light fixture at our front door and recently installed 2 new light fixtures on either side of the garage. I'm in the process of wiring and I'd like to install a photocell to control these 3 lights, but I am unsure how to wire it properly. The directions show how to wire a single light, but I'll have 3.

Here is what I'd like to do:

Switch at the front door that we will leave on most of the time --> light at front door --> light on side of garage closest to the front door --> photocell --> light on the other side of the garage.

If I wire all of the lights together black-to-black and white-to-white, will the photocell only control the last light? I thought I remembered seeing something on Ask TOH where they took the white from the 1st fixture and connected it to the black wire feeding the 2nd fixture. I think that is what I need to do so the photocell will break the circuit no matter where it is located, but I wanted to ask someone with more experience before I do something potentially dangerous.

I've been searching Google for wiring diagrams for multiple lights on a single photocell but I haven't had much luck.

Thanks in advance for your advice!