+ Reply to Thread

Default Opinions Sought for HDMI switch

I have a situation now where my tv that has two HDMI hubs already has two things using those hubs. I have one more device though that I want to add so I will need an HDMI switch. I would like opinions on the best switch to buy with a remote control and that works automatically. Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Opinions Sought for HDMI switch

Golly, what do you have attached to that TV?

You could get a 4x1 switch and replace one of the 2x1's. There are a few to choose from at Newegg and Crutchfield. Stay away from IOgear, my experiences with them have been horrible.

If this is for a living room setup, you probably have a nice HDMI-wire spaghetti bowl on your hands. Perhaps a better option is to get a theater receiver with the number of HDMI ports you require. You could have them all multiplexed into one of your TV's HDMI ports reducing complexity and possibly the number of steps required to switch sources. There are big-boy head units with 7 HDMI inputs

It'll cost you, but it is a more elegant solution.

I'd give you links, but I'm a n00b with too few posts

Lightbulb Re: Opinions Sought for HDMI switch

I'm using a Kinivo 501BN and it works great. 5 inputs helps to future proof. It was less than 40 bucks. make sure your cables are V1.4 for the best signal. Enjoy