+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dishwasher Leak

Default Dishwasher Leak

When my Maytag (model MDB7100AWW) dishwasher runs sometimes a little water leaks out the bottom middle of the door. The gasket is not in great shape, but the leak isn't near the sides. There does not seem to be a gasket on the door bottom. One suggestion is the gasket or the soap dispenser latch gasket. Any thoughts?

The door gasket is $55, and I am not sure I want to spend that on a 10+year old dishwasher.

Thanks!

Default Re: Dishwasher Leak

Let's think: a 10 year old dishwasher, a $55 replacement part which may or may not solve the leak, plus labor.

I'd replace the dishwasher and here's why:

1. The life expectancy of a dishwasher is 10-12 years.
    2. You fix it and you still have an old unit ready to poop.
    3. January is coming up. That means major appliances are heading to a their winter nap, so stores will be negotiating, offering deep discounts.

When I face a question like this, I don't hesitate to buy new. I don't have the time nor the desire to go back a week later to fix it again.

Default Re: Dishwasher Leak

You might try cleaning the door gaskets around the entire door, including the bottom. I know with my machine mineral and soap deposits like to gather around the hinge area and along the base of the door.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!