Thread: Dishwasher Leak

Default Dishwasher Leak

When my Maytag (model MDB7100AWW) dishwasher runs sometimes a little water leaks out the bottom middle of the door. The gasket is not in great shape, but the leak isn't near the sides. There does not seem to be a gasket on the door bottom. One suggestion is the gasket or the soap dispenser latch gasket. Any thoughts?

The door gasket is $55, and I am not sure I want to spend that on a 10+year old dishwasher.

Thanks!

Default Re: Dishwasher Leak

Let's think: a 10 year old dishwasher, a $55 replacement part which may or may not solve the leak, plus labor.

I'd replace the dishwasher and here's why:

1. The life expectancy of a dishwasher is 10-12 years.
    2. You fix it and you still have an old unit ready to poop.
    3. January is coming up. That means major appliances are heading to a their winter nap, so stores will be negotiating, offering deep discounts.

When I face a question like this, I don't hesitate to buy new. I don't have the time nor the desire to go back a week later to fix it again.

Default Re: Dishwasher Leak

You might try cleaning the door gaskets around the entire door, including the bottom. I know with my machine mineral and soap deposits like to gather around the hinge area and along the base of the door.
    Come to Hidden Content for all your DIY needs