+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Symmons Temptrol scalding/leaking

I have the same problem. I replaced two spindles on two different fixtures today and they both leaked. Put back the original spindles and no problem leaking, but back to reduced hot water. My units are about 7 years old. Visually it does look like the cold washer design is a bit different.

I will try contacting Symmons as well.

Problem solved -
    I used the hot water washer from my old spindle on the the new spindle and now it shuts off properly with no extra effort on the handle and without any drips.
    The old washer clearly had a u-channel on its seating surface that was not just worn in - it was formed that way.
    I called Symmons to ask about this. The phone help's knowldege seems to be limited to the current parts list so they were unable to shed any light on what kind of a washer might have been used on an 18yr old temptrol.

Good for you.

I am so glad I found this thread because I was having the problem with the faucet not shutting off after making repairs, and was going crazy trying to figure out what was going on. The suggestion to use the old hot water washer and screw in the new spindle, along with making sure the hot water seat was fully set did the trick for me. My valve is 18 years old and for some reason the new hot/cold water washers just don't seal properly.