+ Reply to Thread

Default Geothermal De Superheater/Hot Water Tanks

I have been in my home a year and have been dissatisfied with the preformance of my Geothermal hot water system. I went to the crawl space where the system is located only to find it is not hooked up correctly. I wanted one tank to be holding and one to be powered. I then have the option to turn on the holding tank if I need an abundance of hot water for company etc. The way the plumber has it hooked up allows the hot water from the Desuperheater to flow into the cold water. I got a schmatic from Florida Heat Pump distributor and it shows a more sensible hook up. What I do not understand is the use of a concentric fitting that allows the cold water to flow TO the desuperheater as well as the hot water FROM the desuperheater in the same bottom port of the hot water heater(storage tank)Can someone help me how water flows in and out of the same concentric fitting? Thanks

Default Re: Geothermal De Superheater/Hot Water Tanks

I'm not familiar with Florida Heat Pumps, but are you sure you are reading the diagram correctly?

Yes I even talked extensively to the distributor from Virginia Beach. He verified this Concentric fitting works and it does infact show it in a drawing configuration supplied by the Florida Heat Pump Company.

Post a link to the drawing and I may be able to help.

John

So it looks like you already have your answer from the FHP dealer and you're good to go. The concentric fitting on your drain will allow water out and in.