+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tools - pneumatic calulking guns

With all the Hi-Tech tools you guys use how come I don't see you using pneumatic calulking guns? I just saw Kevin on episode 11 of the Bedford Project applying caulking around the window installation using a hand operated gun.

Default Re: Tools - pneumatic calulking guns

that type of tool is a commercial and industrial grade tool, more suited to glazers and workers in assembly line applications where their using them all day every day.

there have been some battery operated ones on the market by ryobi and a couple other comanies but never really caught on
    fire up the saw and make some dust

As jkirk said, that is something used in factory production lines and not well suited to a job site. The added bulk of dragging around a hose and needing a compressor makes them unsuitable for field work.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gene B. Rossini View Post
    With all the Hi-Tech tools you guys use how come I don't see you using pneumatic calulking guns? I just saw Kevin on episode 11 of the Bedford Project applying caulking around the window installation using a hand operated gun.
    Ive seen some real hacks over the yrs that would Love to have one of those contraptions for interior work.....

Im sure Spruce and JK have to......
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

god yes... the guys that install complex profile baseboard by butting both peices together in inside corners.. no copes, no mitres just square cuts

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    god yes... the guys that install complex profile baseboard by butting both peices together in inside corners.. no copes, no mitres just square cuts
    I think Giz is referring to the guy with the bright idea of using a staple gun to install drywall, then caulk to finish it. We got some good mileage out of that one!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    I think Giz is referring to the guy with the bright idea of using a staple gun to install drywall, then caulk to finish it. We got some good mileage out of that one!
    Thats funny Spruce,,,, Think about this,,,,,,if there were different config adapters on the end of the gun you could create your own CAULK MOULDINGS.....
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I still prefer to do it with my fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Thats funny Spruce,,,, Think about this,,,,,,if there were different config adapters on the end of the gun you could create your own CAULK MOULDINGS.....
    You know, you just might be on to something! And if the caulk is formulated properly, we could staple those moldings into place!

You don't remember that conversation about the drywall? I thought for sure that was where you were going. I just went and looked and that thread and all the numbnuts posts have been deleted.

oh god... you just had to bring up "lionhearted" didnt you.. man that thread ran way way too long