+ Reply to Thread

Default squeaking/whining kitchen faucet

I'm trying to fix an issue that my girlfriend is having with her kitchen sink. when the water is turned on, whether it be hot or cold, it makes a whining/squeaking sound. I've shut off the hot and ran the cold by itself and vice versa and it still does it, I've also removed the aerator, still does it whether its on or off. i have replaced the seals in the stem and still the noise remains. is my next step to replace the seat washers in both handles,replace hoses, or just replace the faucet altogether?

Here is what i know for sure about the faucet: 1. it was installed almost 6 years ago, and has made the sound since it was installed
    2. it does not have an official brand stamp anywhere on it or the hoses ( so no company to troubleshoot with )
    3. it was ordered via internet ( dont know where from )

Thanks,
    Bill

Default Re: squeaking/whining kitchen faucet

Replace it. From what your saying it sounds like it's some cheap knockoff.

John

When you replace your faucet, get a name brand. Name brands are not that more expensive than the off brands. Sometimes they go on sale for even less money than the imitation.

Thanks guys!! i really appreciate it! That was kind of the direction i was leaning toward anyway, especially when i found no name stamp, she was just trying to get out of having to buy a brand new faucet so i thought id give this site a shot. glad i did. Once again, thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. Enjoy the holidays!