+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bathtub gurgles

Question bathtub gurgles

just replaced old toilet WITH A NEW AMERICAN STANDARD 6.0 LPF / 1.6GPF TOILET AND A NEW WAX RING. NOW WHEN I FLUSH THE TOILET THE BATHTUB " p " TRAP GURGLES.WHAT IS UP WITH THIS & HOW DO I FIX THIS NEW PROBLEM ???..

Default Re: bathtub gurgles

sounds like a vent problem, you may have a cloged plumbing vent.

Default Re: bathtub gurgles

The bathtub "p" trap may be connected directly to the toilet drain--- if it is, most codes don't allow this type of arrangement--check your drain connections to verify.

When the toilet flushes the water in the tub "p" trap is being sucked out of the "p" trap, causing the gurgling.

You may have to provide a separate connection for the tub drain to the main soil stack.
    Last edited by NashuaTech; 04-03-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Red face Re: bathtub gurgles

nashua tech; the bathtub did not gurgle before,with the old toilet,i had the vent on top of house run,by roto rooter.no clogs.this house was built in the 60s .the toilet and the tub shar a common vent pipe,the tub is about 10 ft from vent pipe toilet is 2ft from vent pipe none of this has changed iam stumped.this new toilet flushes faster, is this the problem??? thanks for the input ..not sure what to do next?