Hi- My house had an early electric system where there were originally electric/gas fwall sconces. When I bought it, all the wall sconces were missing with exposed wiring in every room. Upon bringing in an electrician, he said we have to get fixtures that have a deep enough canopy to accomodate the pipe and also have the correct attachment, rather than the standard wall bracket.

Does anyone know what that attachment is called? I am not having trouble finding the vintage fixtures, but all of them have new brackets that won't attach to the pipe. Where do I find these things?