+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remove Kitchen Soffit

We are planning to remodel our kitchen and we have soffits in all the walls. We were thinking of removing the soffits. Most of the soffits are clear except one of them have plumbing pipe. We were wondering if these pipes can be rearranged which will open up the space for the taller wall cabinets.
    Is it feasible to have the plumbing rearranged?

Default Re: Remove Kitchen Soffit

sounds like the house is from the 60's provided the soffits are completely empty... it was sort of the style back then

in regars to moving the plumbing, you'll have to talk to your plumber he can tell you whether or not its possible depending ont eh layout of the new kitchen cabinets and how your house is framed
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Your plumbing could be moved, but at what cost?

Get at least 3 estimates and ask the plumbers to include everything in their bids, so that you don't have any unpleasant surprises later.

What kind of pipe is it? Supply? waste? vent?

Thank you all for the responses. Please see attached pictures. These are the PVC plumbing pipes and I was wondering if they can be rearranged. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by guptaravik; 12-01-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Picture is added

Quote Originally Posted by guptaravik View Post
    Thank you all for the responses. Please see attached pictures. These are the PVC plumbing pipes and I was wondering if they can be rearranged. Thank you in advance.
    Please see the attached pictures and advise if they can be rearranged without spending a fortune.

Can you make the first picture a lot larger?

The photos are unclear, bu these look like drain pipes, and they could be rerouted, providing you have an alternative route with a required slope.

If you do, it won't be dirt cheap to do, I doubt if you could find a bargain.

Today, I took out the portion of the drywall from the soffit and please see attached pictures of the PVC pipes. I hope this will provide you a better view and you may be able to make recommendations.

If the pipes on the right side can be moved up I may have enough space to place the 42 inch cabinets. In worst case scenario, I may have to cut the cabinets in the back. Looking at the big pipes, I guess I should leave them alone. Please advice.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like drain pipes to me. What about all the electrical. Its not gonna be easy anyway ya look at it.
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content