+ Reply to Thread

Default PLEASE can we have floor plans for Barrington

There is a tub showing in the right hand corner of the view of the room on the second floor where the window looks out directly (no porch) to the ocean. Silly me..I assumed it was a bedroom. I guess it could be there temporarily but it has a faucet. I wonder how many bedrooms there will be. I figured out that they changed the stair location and how the kitchen fits in but wonder how the area that looks out on the "front porch/street" will be used. Any one have any ideas...maybe we could draw our own floor plans. Since there is no blog there is no way to post comments directly and I seriously doubt that anyone from TOH reads this. Vent over!

Default Re: PLEASE can we have floor plans for Barrington

PS..looking at the view again they may have moved the camera to the room with the "porthole"..which is a more logical master bath...of course that means the room with the door to the porch is probably the master bedroom. I have mixed feelings on that!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsc View Post
    PS..looking at the view again they may have moved the camera to the room with the "porthole"..which is a more logical master bath...of course that means the room with the door to the porch is probably the master bedroom. I have mixed feelings on that!!
    Hi, I know everything about the house. What are your reservations about the porch off the master?

Only reservation would be if you wanted to entertain up there your guests would have to walk thru the bedroom. With all the other deck space not really a drawback and to have a direct exit from the hallway would have meant cutting back on bedroom space. Ok now my questions. Upstairs...three bedrooms...porthole room is the master bath and another bathroom between the stairway and the "back" bedroom? Looks like the bedrooms are all good sized. Downstairs..did they make any changes to the laundry-down stairs bathroom area??? The area that looks out on the frontporch...seems like it would make a good media area....??? Is there an alcove at the end toward the garage...thought I saw that briefly one day but wasn't sure where the camera was. Which reminds me if you are on site please tell the guys thank you for moving the cameras around...look forward every morning to what the "view" will be...not something that the silva brothers do very often. I'm assuming that when they do the railing for the deck they will also put one up on the ocean side of the upstairs porch and that they will be in someway "see thru". Surprised yeaterday to see the front door open directly into the living area. Front entry airlock??? Is there room for a closet? The exterior (shingles, white trim line) grows on you. Thanks!!!

With all the other deck space not really a drawback and to have a direct exit from the hallway would have meant cutting back on bedroom space.
    You're right on all counts - the final decision was to have access only through the master, to avoid losing space to hallway.

Upstairs...three bedrooms...porthole room is the master bath and another bathroom between the stairway and the "back" bedroom?
    Yes - you've been piecing it together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Looks like the bedrooms are all good sized. We'll see after the beds go in.
    They'll do. The bedroom sharing the waterside of the house with the master is the smallest.

Downstairs..did they make any changes to the laundry-down stairs bathroom area???
    The downstairs bath was the only full bath in the house - top floor & basement had half baths. The downstair bath was cut down to a small half & two closets (probably coat & linen). The back door was moved north (the stairs are where the old back door was) and the two pantry closets next to the old back door have been turned into a back door/mud/laundry room.

The area that looks out on the frontporch...seems like it would make a good media area....???
    Good guess. This will be separated from the rest of the downstairs with a tall half wall & be the TV/media corner.

Is there an alcove at the end toward the garage...thought I saw that briefly one day but wasn't sure where the camera was.
    Walking out of the main room to the garage, to the left is the half bath (you walk in between the two closets to get there) & to the right is the mud/laundry room.

I'm assuming that when they do the railing for the deck they will also put one up on the ocean side of the upstairs porch and that they will be in someway "see thru".
    Deck, upper deck (front & sides) and entry porch.

Surprised yeaterday to see the front door open directly into the living area. Front entry airlock???
    There's a vestibule coming off the porch & then you go into the main room. Probably room for hooks & a bench. It's a pretty tight foot print.

Appreciate the questions & opnions - keep them coming!

Hi, I know everything about the house. What are your reservations about the porch off the master?[/QUOTE]

Since you know everything, you can help me...please.
    I noticed that the porch (on Barrington house) is on top of living space.
    I'm adding a garage to the end of my house and I'm planning to
    'lift' the roof and put a porch on top.

What suggestions do you have? flooring on porch is my main concern.