+ Reply to Thread

Default How do you install a short wall from the ceiling?

I'd like to install what seems to be a wall coming from the ceiling downward about a couple of feet with a decorative wood trim like in the zipped photo to my own shower area but I have no idea how to do it or even the technical term for what that is.

I've been googling it using all kinds of descriptive terms but can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I have pretty basic DIY skills and not sure if this is something I can learn how to do myself fairly easily or if I need to hire someone.

Any advice/help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: How do you install a short wall from the ceiling?

Building is a simple job of framing until you get the the curved and decrative trim. It is difficult to explain clearly enough for a beginner to do the job let alone do the trim work.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: How do you install a short wall from the ceiling?

Try to find videos on youtube, but a better recimmendation would be to hire a finish carpenter for the details, if you want to save time and money.
    If you buy the materials and do it without any experience, you will most likely ruin the expensive materials and end up hiring a pro anyway (ouch).