+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Shopping and Pricewise: What home products or appliances do YOU want to see?

Induction stoves/stovetops. They are not compatible with all cookware, but I'd like to see a face-off with gas cooktops for speed and efficiency. Maybe a collaboration with America's Test Kitchens would be in order here.

I believe those portable counter top units used on the cooking segments of the Today Show are induction because they seem to be amazingly fast, but I have never seen a portable induction stovetop on the market.

They are expensive, but maybe if they compare well to a gas stovetop, then demand would go up and prices would come down.

Default Re: Shopping and Pricewise: What home products or appliances do YOU want to see?

Lighting. Partly because my house has a kitchen ceiling lighting fixture that is not only ugly, CFL bulbs are not working well in it. (Please see if you can find some selections that are somewhat compatible with a little '50s house.)

Lightbulb Re: Shopping and Pricewise: What home products or appliances do YOU want to see?

Two items: kitchen vent systems not centered over the stove and how-to install it. And Refinishing kitchen counters kits that aren't painted on (ours has poor, uneven mitering but the rest of the surface is okay) and how-to apply it w/out a contractor. I'm experienced w/tile but the right edging is hard to find too. I barely have a $200 budget much less $13,000 and have researched till I'm ready to take a sledgehammer to it all!

I would like to see RustOleum's Transformations line in action... a real kitchen undergoing an actual cabinet and countertop Transformation. I would like to read what the person(s) doing it had to say about the product, how well or not the project went and satisfaction level with the results.

I would like to see field results from users of DutchBoys DuraWeather MaxBond. I am interested in painting the vinyl siding on my house and would like to know how to clean and prep the surface and best application methodology for this kind of paint project.

I sell and install Door Hardware IE Locks. People have little knowledge of locks, but the hardware can be a large item in the budget at the end of a remodel. To day I went to a home and met with a home owner and we discussed a number of items. I'll cover just one, she order hardware from two different vendors with two different manufactures. She had not considered how the locks were to be keyed, although she expected everything would be keyed alike. She had the Rocky Mountain, and was in the ordering process of an expensive entry Handle set, to go on the front door. I asked home owner to take a note. So she could call and ask the vendor to supply the front door lock with a sc1 5 pin key way to match the other hardware and also to key it with key # xxxxx. Now her new set will come ready to in stall and operate with the key that matches every other lock.

I would like to see ceiling fans. They could be indoors / outdoors. All sizes with or without light kits.