+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shopping and Pricewise: What home products or appliances do YOU want to see?

Suggest a topic for our Shopping (we do the legwork, exploring a series of products to help you find the one that's perfect for your home) or Pricewise (we compare a budget item and a high-ticket one to help you decide whether the splurge is worth it) columns and see your ideas in print!

See past Shopping features:
    Colorful Countertop Appliances
    Robe Hooks
    Oversize Bar Pulls

See past Pricewise features:
    Gas Grills
    Outdoor Rugs
    Copper Fire Pits

Default Re: Shopping and Pricewise: What home products or appliances do YOU want to see?

WE have seen examples of LED lighting on TOH, but never a good discussion of the types, uses and expense of different types of LED under cabinet lighting. The benefits of one type vs another type, DIY friendly or not, etc.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Shopping and Pricewise: What home products or appliances do YOU want to see?

I want something that is easy to install & has good lighting for the best price. Where can I find that?

Best wood stove for the best price. Advantages of having a stove vs fireplace. Maybe even look into chimneys and the best bang for tour buck.

What I'd like to see, is LED undercounter lights. I tried 2 local wholesale electrial suppy stores, and neither could tell me, what parts exactly I needed, nor how to install them. Both told me that my electrican would help me. I went ******, found a company in Ca. and after several talks with their tech. people, bought a system that I am going to install myself.

I would like to see resources for shower curtains for claw foot tubs. There aren't many to choose from out there that I could easily find. I had to buy two and put them together. And I didn't want a country type of pattern.

Stacey

We would also like to see resources to find old brass doorknobs. Our model is called Corbin and it is from the late 1800's but we need a few more in our house. We want an original not a reproduction. EBAY has some, but would like to see more options.

Hi !
    There is a product unavailable here in Quebec. This is a fluorescent ceramic tile.
    Thanks.
    Guy (Québec)

Default Pricewise Article on Step Ladders or Step Stools

I would like to see a TOH Pricewise article on the very useful homeowner items: Step Ladders and Step Stools.

Despite the single function of these Ladder/Stools, there are still a large number to choose from.

A few on the low end of the budget, lots in the middle and my favorite on the high-end the indestructible Louisville Ladder 8000 Series which comes in both Fiberglass and Aluminum.

The Louisville 8000 isn't in my budget, but I can always drop hints for my next b-day gift.

It would be great to see a feature on mobile apps that are helpful to the Old House users. There are board foot calculators, concrete estimators, paint color apps etc.

I created an app called I.D. Wood for iPhone and iPad that is an Apple Staff favorite and really well-liked by most architects, designers, builders and DIYers. It is a wood encyclopedia with over 200 types of wood.

We're sure your readers would love to see I.D. Wood.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i.d.-...325838725?mt=8