+ Reply to Thread

Default Salvage Style: How have YOU used salvaged architectural details in your home?

Give us a look at how you’ve repurposed salvaged architectural details in your home and discover it on display in the Salvage Style section of the magazine.

Tip: The easiest way to embed photos into your posts is to use the 'Insert Image' icon in the message-editing toolbar that appears when you hit 'Post Reply'. It looks like this:

So if you have your DIY images archived at your blog, or in a Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, or other photo-sharing site album, just copy the image link, click the 'Insert Image' button, and paste the image link into the field when prompted.

Default Re: Salvage Style: How have YOU used salvaged architectural details in your home?

My husband and I bought a 1930s fixer upper in downtown Charleston, SC back in 2002. The original porcelain, knob and tube bathroom light fixtures we not working so I repurposed them into floral wall sconces. I removed the old wiring and hardware and inserted a tall shot glass into the socket for the water and flowers. We have since moved from the downtown area. But I now have two interesting conversation pieces that remind me of our time there!

Sharon Payer
    Interior Stylist
    Charleston, SC
    sharon@sharonpayerdesign.com
    Last edited by spdesign; 12-22-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: photo not showing

Default Mirrors in a Picture Window

I repurposed a picture window by knocking out the panes and installing mirrors in lieu of the glass. I realize I'm not the first to do this, but felt inclined to pass it along since it's such an effective way to bring light and a feel of openness in a space that may lack an actual window. Pictures and specifics regarding time and cost are available via the blog link below and the entry made Dec. 21, 2011 titled The Picture Window at The Bungalow.

Trent
    Goose Creek, SC
    http://bloodsweatandpigsears.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Salvage Style: How have YOU used salvaged architectural details in your home?

This was an old pot rack that I purchased from a barn sale for $3.00. I painted it and attached two plastic wine glass holders with cable ties.