+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Home Center Project: What would YOU build with Tom Silva?

Let us know about a Home Center Project you’d like to build with Tom Silva, and you could end up working with the man himself!

Take a look at How to Build a Tool Bench, featuring reader Amy Paladino and TOH general contractor Tom Silva. (We didn't plan the matching purple shirts, we swear!)

Default Re: Home Center Project: What would YOU build with Tom Silva?

id probably have to say a gazebo that is hand framed with stain grade framing material. reason being to test my skills for cutting hip and jack rafters so the joints are air tight. ive done plenty of framing but at a production speed and the framing isnt visable
    fire up the saw and make some dust

My dream project with Tom Silva is revamping the kitchen of our beach house. The one we have now is stuck in the 70s complete with terra cotta tile on the floor and countertops. The previous owners ate take-out so they didn't bother venting the gas range that's plunked down in the middle of main living area. Tom Silva is amazing!

Howdy, anything Tom wanted to . Imagine how great it would be to work with such a fine craftsman. The contractor jokes alone he must know...
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

PS forgot to add got a huge renovation doing DIY an need any help. LOL
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

As a newly first time homeowner, I purchased an old brick colonial house that was built in 1938 and it needs some updates and remodeling to fit my hectic lifestyle. I would love to make the smallest bedroom into an all-purpose office/craft/study room. I would be thrilled if Tom Silva could help me build a customized workbench/table that would run along the one wall. Besides teaching young handicapped children during the day, I also provide support to teachers who are attempting to become National Board Certified and I am slowly working on completing my Masters. I am extremely overwhelmed with papers, craft supplies, computer etc... and need a large, plain workbench/table that can accommodate my multi-tasking lifestyle. Thanks!

Knock a wall down and update our tiny kitchen! Call us crazy, but as we plan for our wedding, my fiance and I are also new homeowners tackling projects in our aged, outdated home. We have loved every minute of it but will need some major help with updating the kitchen...and who is better than Tom?!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Miller View Post
    Howdy, anything Tom wanted to . Imagine how great it would be to work with such a fine craftsman. The contractor jokes alone he must know...
    Yeah, forget the project...let's go straight to the jokes !

Hi-We currently have a first floor bathroom with no window!! The bathroom has a full tub/shower insert that covers the wall where we want to install the window. Could Tom help my husband remove the insert, install a drop in tub insert, put in the already purchased window and do some tiling????? PLEASE!!!!

I would like to build a leaning ladder bookshelf such as the one seen at this Web site:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...8/product.html