+ Reply to Thread

Default clogged dwv pipe

i recently had a nasty waste pipe clog in the floor. i had to call a sewer service to handle it. thank the heavens they're out there. i know things like this don't happen over night. i'm just wondering if there is a simple periodic maintenance i can do to avoid this in the future. does anyone know of something i can pour into the pipe to help keep it clear? i'd like to keep it earth friendly, if possible. thank you, gene m.

Default Re: clogged dwv pipe

Generally speaking, I'm against pouring chemicals into the drain, so to keep the sewer line moving, I make sure that only things that are supposed to go in the drain go there.

What does it mean?

1. It means that only toilet tissue goes in the toilet.

2. It means that no hair or objects go in the sink/bath drains (use strainers).

3. It means that you keep the garbage disposer at good working order.

4. If you have clay pipes and a root problem, make sure the line is free of roots.

You get the idea.

Default Re: clogged dwv pipe

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Generally speaking, I'm against pouring chemicals into the drain, so to keep the sewer line moving, I make sure that only things that are supposed to go in the drain go there.

What does it mean?

1. It means that only toilet tissue goes in the toilet.

2. It means that no hair or objects go in the sink/bath drains (use strainers).

3. It means that you keep the garbage disposer at good working order.

4. If you have clay pipes and a root problem, make sure the line is free of roots.

You get the idea.
    works for me. thanks