+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Attaching gutters directly to brick?

We live in an older home with slate roof and ALL brick exterior construction. (This means no wood to attach gutters to.) We have tried attaching gutters with "tap cons", however when we get ice/snow several times each winter, gutters pull away from house. Then water runs down walls outside and soaks through the ALL brick construction and causes damage to interior walls (plaster on brick). Also, once gutters have pulled away from house, we get tons of water in the basement since water is just running down side of house. HELP! Does anyone out there know what to do about this?

Thanks!

Default Re: Attaching gutters directly to brick?

Question: can you see the rafters?

dj1, I replied to this post with a link to gutter hangers. For some reason I got a message that it had to be looked at by a moderator before it could be posted. This has happened before and the post never did showed up. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks John

dj1, cannot see the rafters....

John,

I searched "gutter hangers" and from what I saw they attach directly to the roof. Problem here is that our house has original 1935 roof which is slate. I would be concerned that nailing in gutter hangers would break slate to pieces... Is there another way to attach them?

The hangers I gave the link to would fasten to the brick. It would be great if they would allow you to see it. I'm checking to see what happened to the link.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    dj1, I replied to this post with a link to gutter hangers. For some reason I got a message that it had to be looked at by a moderator before it could be posted. This has happened before and the post never did showed up. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks John
    The spam filter the site uses seems to trap links not seen before of that contain certain words.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

John,
    See if you can give the OP the page address, so he can look it up outside this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    John,
    See if you can give the OP the page address, so he can look it up outside this forum.
    earthenvessel, Do a Google search for- K Style 40K Fascia Hanger - That should bring you to the site with a hanger that may work for you. I'm thinking you may be able to tap-con it to the brick.

John

John,

I've seen this K style hangers in action, and often they can't keep the gutters leveled. Add the weight of wet leaves, tree branches and other junk and the gutters become useless.