+ Reply to Thread

Default Liquid patch they use on the highway and parking lots

I have cracks in my asphalt driveway that I have been patching with various products and they still keep coming back during the winter months. I would like to try the product that they use on the highways and in parking lots but I'm not able to find where I can purchase it. Can anyone help me with the name of this product and where I can purchase it.

Default Re: Liquid patch they use on the highway and parking lots

I'm not sure you can buy it. The stuff I've seen them using is hot tar that they actually pour into the cracks. When it cools, it sets up and the patch is done. If the cracks are really bad, you could cut them out with a slab cutting saw, dig out the old asphalt, and then replace the patch with asphalt patch. You would dig out the old blacktop, down about 6" from the surface.

Then pour some concrete or Sakrete in the hole and finish it level but not too smooth. Undermine the asphalt that is outside the hole by just a little bit (3-4"). That way the concrete will be under both the patch and beyond the crack, keeping things level afterwards. I think there is an asphalt patch that you can buy in a bag but I'm not sure. You need to check with your local home center and see what they have to offer.

Good Luck.

Default Re: Liquid patch they use on the highway and parking lots

I have a crack in my ashfault as well............ Interested in all replies.