+ Reply to Thread

Default Toilet bowl not filling upo

Today morning I installed a HydroRight dual flush . However, after a single flush I noticed that the toilet bowl does not fill up completely. Not sure how to fix this problem. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    KS

Default Re: Toilet bowl not filling upo

Did you mean to say that the TOILET TANK did not fill up completely?

If you have a 1.6 tank, that's how much water you're going to see filling up your tank. There is a mark on the drain valve that indicates the desired water level.

If your water level is well bellow that mark, you can adjust it by moving up the float on the filling valve (on a FluidMaster type) OR adjust the screw on top of the filling valve (on an old fashion float type). Don't over do, or it will cause the filling valve to continue letting water in, which will drain down and be wasted.

Thanks for the reply. The tank is not a 1.6 gallon tank. It is an older model. My tank fills up. When a quick flush is done, the toilet bowl empties and starts filling up, but before it fills, the tank is filled.

OK, with the new information...

Your bowl is supposed to have some water in it, but it is not supposed to get filled up to the top. If it does, you may have a blockage down the line.

Now, if your goal is to save on water, and I understand that you installed a device to do that, you better off replacing your tank. Your old tank is completely wasteful.

There is a fill tube hose that is supposed to replenish the bowl up to the trap spill level after every flush. Sometimes the hose comes out from the fill tube inside the tank. I'd check that first.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Well, I found it helpful to look at the product website:

http://www.gomjsi.com/products/overv...lushconverters

Make sure the fill tube that comes out of the side of the float valve extends into the existing overflow tube. This ensures that the bowl is properly refilled. If there is no "fill level" mark in the tank or on the overflow tube, adjust the float valve so the water level is 1" below the top of the overflow.

If you are using the "little job" button on the dualflush, the fill valve may not run long enough to properly refill the bowl. Does it refill properly when you use the "big job" button? If that's the case, you might have little choice but to remove the dualflush or to get a new toilet. Check out the Gerber Viper; it's a "low-flow" toilet that actually works. Toto also makes some good toilets.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.