+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Hot water radiator are cold

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for your consideration. I have already filled the radiators through the garden hose, before reading all these threds. It was fine last night, all radiators were hot and everybody happy. But next morning, there were "0" PSi, and one of the basebord radiators from basement , was licking through the valve when I have closed it. Of course,this is not the major problem. My question is: why the pressure is "0"?? Since I didn't have problems for ten years with the system, all of sudden I had to learn new things. Maybe this is how should be, maybe, I have to increase the termostat temperature to have the pump working and increase the pressure, which, I did, and still the pressure is "0". Thank you all for your advice.

The boiler has a auto fill valve that replaces the water as needed. Yours is not working it needs to be serviced or replaced. In most cases replacement is required.

John

You've got to be kidding me, right, where's the Moderator or what ever he's called, people trying to help people and others putting in there two cents that aren't even worth a penny.

Sten, it's just someone that has no life and is looking for attention. If we ignore him he may just go away. If he doesn't Jack will be around soon and boot him.

John

Filling the radiators does not create the cold pressure, as the system runs air is forced out of the water by heating and the water needs to be replenished. Follow Johnh20's suggestion.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Hello Brewster, Hello Johnjh2o, Hello everybody,
    I want to thank all those who took the time and give me advices. Probably, the water auto fill valve is not working properly, this for sure is a professional sugestion. I didn't verify, but what I can say is that after I have refilled the boiler through the water exost with a hose garden, next day, one of the radiator valve apperd not working and water was lost, aprox 2 gallons. Immediately, the pressure went to "0", I have fixed the valve and replanished the lost water (of course in the same way I did a day before)and since then everything is still working OK. In the future I have to do something with the water auto fill valve. Many to thanks to everybody!
    Regards
    Andaida

I would like to say that it's important that we keep these posts.......friendly. regardless of if i'm a junior member or not.