+ Reply to Thread

Default Pour and leave (IPC) structures

What are the drawbacks to a pour and leave structure? (IPC) We want to build an entire ranch style house and attached garage in New England begining in November by this method. One of our carpenters has a concern about the concrete curing process and the moisture in the concrete being absorbed in the foam due to the temperature at this time of the year. Any comments?

Default Re: Pour and leave (IPC) structures

I don't think the foam absorbs water out of the concrete. The fact that the foam does most of the insulating for you would mean that the top of he walls only will require insulation against below freezing temps while it's curing.
    There is a yahoo forum on the Smartwall system. I think that product has a very rosy future, from what I've seen.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Default Re: Pour and leave (IPC) structures

you mean icf. insulated concrete form.

the foam used in the form wont absorb the moisture. it both insulates and keeps the moisture in the concrete which makes the curing process longer. this is a good thing, it means the concrete becomes stronger

if in fact it is icf, is your carpenter licensed on it. in most areas the installer has to be licensed on the perticular brand of icf to be working with it otherwise it may not pass inspection. thats how it works where i am. im licensed on both arxx and nudura
    fire up the saw and make some dust