+ Reply to Thread

Default Concrete patio help

Hello. We have an older concrete patio that has some cracks (about 1/8") and discoloration due to someone's previous patch attempt. We've searched the internet for ideas to freshen it up without replacement, but haven't found much. We are thinking about cleaning the patio and then using two colors of stain (semi-transparent, non-etching) with a garden sprayer application to give it a cleaner look and take your eyes off of its blemishes. Any insights or other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3130024a.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	2336  

Smile Re: Concrete patio help

there is a concrete mixture out there that is for cracks its a little runnier in texture than most concrete mixtures you can use it in the cracks and i think you can even spread it all over the ramaining surface to make iit look like new again let me know what you find out and how it looks.

Wink Re: Concrete patio help

Quote Originally Posted by americanborn View Post
    Hello. We have an older concrete patio that has some cracks (about 1/8") and discoloration due to someone's previous patch attempt. We've searched the internet for ideas to freshen it up without replacement, but haven't found much. We are thinking about cleaning the patio and then using two colors of stain (semi-transparent, non-etching) with a garden sprayer application to give it a cleaner look and take your eyes off of its blemishes. Any insights or other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.
    Hello, you might want to check with your home center or better yet check with your local concrete batch plant for bonding and coverings for your patio. I wouldn't put a great deal of money in patchwork because the cracks and separations are going to increase eventually, so I would save the money for completely replacing the patio. You might want to get some pricing on replacement now so you can determine how much patchwork you really want to invest in. You might find out the material and labor for patching is not far away from replacement.

Calcats