+ Reply to Thread

Default How should i repair this cast irn drain leak?

The house i own is 80 years old and has a cast iron drain with a leak. I'm not working at the moment, so i was hoping this is something i could repair myself. Could you tell what is the best way to repair this leak and is this something i could do myself?

I appreciate any help you can offer me and i tried to post photos, but they didn't upload.

Default Re: How should i repair this cast irn drain leak?

Where is the leak in the pipe itself? If the pipe is failing then there is no repair other then replacing at least the bad section.

John

Thanks John for taking the time to reply to my question.

Yes, the fitting in a tee is leaking and is half under concrete on the floor. This house has 3 floor of drain, so supporting the stack of drain will be important.

How would i support the stack of drain and is this something a novice can do in your opinion?

Mark

Mark, I saw your photo on another forum and I wouldn't advise you to try to make the repair. It's not a repair that even a experienced plumber would take lightly.

John

Plumbing repairs that involve cutting slabs are not for the average DIY. Get bids from experienced, reputable, capable, recommended, referred plumbers. Make sure their bids include finishing the concrete as well.