+ Reply to Thread

Question Feet won't stay on Claw Foot Tub

We bought a refinished claw foot tub. When it arrived it was in a crate and the feet were not attached. Once the tub was installed in our new house we filled it with water to use and the feet came out from under the tub and the tub hit the floor. The feet attach by sliding into raised grooves/slots on the bottom of the tub. There is no other hardware to secure them into place. I hope you can help. Otherwise we have a tub we cannot use.
    I can send photos but because I am new to this site I cannot post images yet.

Default Re: Feet won't stay on Claw Foot Tub

I have maintained 20 of these tubs for about 14 years and there is a trick to it. You put the feet into the slot and then using a short piece of 2 x 4 to cushion the blow - use a heavy hammer to pound in in the slot. You can always use some glue like Gorilla Glue to insure it stays in.

CaptTCB tells the proper mounting of the feet, however if metal I would prefer JB Weld for a permanent installation.

CapTCB and kcb - Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm going to give this a shot.

Hi, we refinish classic claw foot tubs, many of the slide in feet have a small groove to put a nail into so they will not slide out. I use 2 part epoxy and they stay on nice.

best of luck Patrick from Resurface Spe******t of cape cod