+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bathroom sink

Default bathroom sink

I dropped a inch long bottle cap in bathroom sink and it fell in the drain-pipe. Is there any chance it could block drain. Should I stop using the sink.
    Thanks again

Default Re: bathroom sink

The cap is probably lodged in the trap under the sink, and if you want your drain water to flow without interruption, clean and empty the trap.

To do that, unscrew the two nuts holding it in place, place a large bowl under it to catch water and remove it. Clean it and re-install.

If you don't find the cap, let us know.

Also let us know what size the pipe heading into the wall or floor is. If its 2" PVC (standard round these parts for new construction) then you'll be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    The cap is probably lodged in the trap under the sink, and if you want your drain water to flow without interruption, clean and empty the trap.

To do that, unscrew the two nuts holding it in place, place a large bowl under it to catch water and remove it. Clean it and re-install.
    I also place the large bowl under the trap to catch the water, but I wish I had a nickle for every time that I dumped the water back in the sink before replacing the trap. It happens more often then ever. It may have something to do with age.

John

It is a 2 inch metal pipe thru wall. Can this cap cause me a problem and if I clean trap will I need to go for pieces first.
    Thanks

If you don't find the cap in the trap, then its long gone by now.