+ Reply to Thread

Default Ceramic Cartridge Replacement

I have a shower panel with a 5 port diverter (1 inlet and 4 outlets - one of which is plugged to act as the off position). The shower recently started leaking and I removed the ceramic catridge but I am unable to find a replacement. It is a 40mm unit with a 4 oring bottom and is the one show in this website

atrade.com.tw/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=395

Any help locating this cartridge would be most appreciated. I have been to all the stores in Denver!

Default Re: Ceramic Cartridge Replacement

If you know the manufacturer of the valve, you can take that information and the cartridge to a plumbing supply house - a specialty supplier that caters to contractors not a big box retailer. They should either have to part or be able to order it from the manufacturer for you. If that doesn't work, you could also contact the manufacturer directly and get a replacement from them.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If you are unable to find a replacement part and want to solve your leak, you will need to replace the body, located inside the wall.

Definately a job for a plumber, who knows how to finish the holes he will make.

Unfortunately I do not know the manufacturer, I wish this was that easy. I contacted the company that sold me the shower panel and they said the shower panel is not carried by them any more - no manufacturer etc.. Since it is a shower panel, the valves all all easily accessable but the valve in question is a 5 port transfer valve (1 inlet (from thermo valve) and 4 outlets with one plugged to act as the off position). So I am unable to find the cartridge or a replacement valve.

T

Quote Originally Posted by doctjh View Post
    Unfortunately I do not know the manufacturer, I wish this was that easy.

T
    Without a manufacturer it will be nearly impossible to identify the valve to find a suitable replacement. It sounds like it's a cheap piece of junk designed and manufactured solely for that shower panel manufacturer or purpose, which means there were never any replacement parts available in the first place. This is why I recommend only purchasing name brand products that you trust.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!