+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Women and girls in the Home Depot commercials

Hi Jack,

I am sorry I got your name wrong! I see the JLM and it looks like JIM. Ok, it's Jack.

I'll have to check out the video clip later. I reformatted my hard drive on Monday and my flash player can't play the clips and I'm having trouble getting the new one to install. (Oops, I should be in a computer user's forum for this, I guess.)

Thanks for the chuckles!

Sherry

No apologies needed Sherry. I'm getting to that age when it's nice to just be spoken to by a young lady. And I've been called a lot worse. Oh, and good luck with your puter.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 06-12-2008 at 10:06 AM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Hi Jack,

I finally got the flash player working and looked at the You-Tube clip.

That is about the funniest clip I've ever seen. I laughed out loud and had to watch it again.

Oh, the lady in the clip and I could be twin sisters (at least in my imagination).

Sherry

Quote Originally Posted by SherryH View Post
    Oh, the lady in the clip and I could be twin sisters (at least in my imagination).

Sherry
    And who doesn't like twins? (did I just say that out loud? )
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    At the end of that clip, was it you or Canuk that was having the naughty thoughts?

And who doesn't like twins? (did I just say that out loud? )
    Ahemmm ..... I rest my case.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

PONDERAY ó An out-of-court settlement has been reached in a Bonner County coupleís personal injury lawsuit against The Home Depot, court records show.
    The terms of the settlement were not disclosed. A court order approving the dismissal of the case is pending in 1st District Court.

Luke and Amber Webster sued the home improvement chain last year, after Amber Webster tripped over an empty freight pallet in the Ponderay store on May 20, 2008. Amber Webster suffered unspecified injuries which were permanent.

The couple sued the company for negligence, contending it had a duty to make sure the store was safe for customers.

The Delaware-based corporation moved to have the case shifted to U.S. District Court because the amount of damages exceeded a jurisdictional threshold of $75,000.

The suit was later remanded back to the state court after The Home Depotís counsel offered no facts to support the jurisdictional threshold claim, according to court documents in the case.

First District Judge Steve Verby ordered mediation in the case in June and a five-day jury trial had been set for the spring of 2010.

As documented by Martha Barletta, author of Marketing to Women (2002), women not only make the lion's share of consumer purchasing decisions, they also constitute a majority of corporate purchasing agents and managers. In addition, female entrepreneurs account for 70% of new business startups. In other words, companies that pay attention to women prosper.

In a special report on marketing to women, author Emily Fromm explores five ways companies are reaching out to women consumers:As documented by Martha Barletta, author of Marketing to Women (2002), women not only make the lion's share of consumer purchasing decisions, they also constitute a majority of corporate purchasing agents and managers. In addition, female entrepreneurs account for 70% of new business startups. In other words, companies that pay attention to women prosper.

In a special report on marketing to women, author Emily Fromm explores five ways companies are reaching out to women consumers: