+ Reply to Thread

Default hardwood floor disaster

We were laying a hard wood floor and ran out of wood. When we tried to order more, we were told there is some kind of trade embargo and they have no idea when they will get more Bolivian Rosewood. We are about 80 square feet short. What can we do to finish the project?

Default Re: hardwood floor disaster

Check with other retailers and wholesalers to see if they have what you need.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

make sure the dealer gets it from the same manufacturer though. otherwise make sure it matches what you have before you sign for it
    fire up the saw and make some dust

jKirk is correct.

What some call Bolivian Rosewood goes by another name at some other supplier and vice versa.

This is an example of not having a material estimate before the start of the job. When a responsible contractor estimates materials he usually measures twice and adds 10 to 15% extra, for undermeasuring, waste and defective material, so running short doesn't happen.

Even if you locate the same floors from the same manufacturer somewhere else, I doubt that you'll have a perfect fit. But you can try. However if whatever you find doesn't match, you just wasted more money.

At this point, I think you might as well re-do the entire room with a different floor.