+ Reply to Thread

Default How should i reroof this low slope porch- first time doing a low slope roof

What is the best way to tie-in where a low sloped (porch) roof meets the house (sloped) roof? I had to replace water damaged wood on my porches roof, so I am going to put down new 1/2" RTD plywood sheathing. What is the best way to apply rolled roofing to my porches roof? I tried to upload some pictures, but couldn't get it resized to load here. Thanks in advance for the help

Default Re: How should i reroof this low slope porch- first time doing a low slope roof

For a flat or almost flat roof, roofers use torch down roofing material. For the area where the roof meets the house, they use metal flashing.

Warning: if you have never used a roofing torch, don't attempt doing it yourself.

Default Re: How should i reroof this low slope porch- first time doing a low slope roof

IMHO, rolled roofing isn't for the novice. It's a pain to get it laid flat and it will leak if it's not done properly. Sure, a pro will cost you a little bit of money, but it will cost you far less than having to redo the interior when a leak surfaces.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

it will also be cheaper than buying a new house because you burnt it down.

there are reasons that torch on roofing has very strict regulations when it comes to insurance... there have been too many cases of contractors burning houses because they were careless doing a flat roof
    fire up the saw and make some dust