+ Reply to Thread

Default need it back on TV

we are in Iowa and dont even have it on the air here anymore and I miss it sooooooooooo much. what can I do???

Talking Re: need it back on TV

First, campaign to your local PBS affiliate. But here's some good news: starting this season you'll be able to access new-season episodes from our website via streaming video. They'll be available after 7pm on the Sunday following the week they air. The new Bedford house project begins airing on PBS stations October 6, 2011. Keep an eye on our homepage at thisoldhouse.com on Sunday October 9 to access the streaming version.

At first it will be just a small-screen version. But over time, we'll be upgrading our technology to provide better quality. And eventually we'll be working backward through the past seasons, putting more and more on line.

Default Re: need it back on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    At first it will be just a small-screen version. But over time, we'll be upgrading our technology to provide better quality. And eventually we'll be working backward through the past seasons, putting more and more on line.
    It would be nice if those videos could be made downloadable rather than just streaming. However they're made available, it will be nice to have access to the older episodes, particularly when we get so many questions about products and procedures here on the forum.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: need it back on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    First, campaign to your local PBS affiliate. But here's some good news: starting this season you'll be able to access new-season episodes from our website via streaming video. They'll be available after 7pm on the Sunday following the week they air. The new Bedford house project begins airing on PBS stations October 6, 2011. Keep an eye on our homepage at thisoldhouse.com on Sunday October 9 to access the streaming version.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
    This is the best news i have heard in a long time...
    and frankly, its about time as i am sick of emailing my local programming director to find out when special air times will be (due to pledge drives) so i dont miss any episodes.
    I will still support and tune in to my local PBS on Saturday mornings but this will be a GREAT option for those of us that are bombarded by 3 or 4 pledge drives a year and have busy schedules.
    I for one would gladly make a monetary contribution to help facilitate this new endeavor.
    Thanks again!!