We are getting ready to redo our kitchen which is still original from 1919. At the bottom of the walls (which are plaster) they stopped the plaster about 7" from the bottom of the floor and glued tiles up against it with concrete mortar. Most of these tiles have fallen down so now we have this large line all around the room of just concrete mortar. Any ideas what I could put up in its place? I dont want to nail a 1 x 12 up around my whole kitchen but haven't found anything else that will work.