Question Keeping rain out of screened porch

I recently screened in my back patio. On the northeast side, where the wind consistently blows down my side yard, I get a lot of blown rain in the area...I am hesitant to install my new wood furniture & new pillows, etc., due to the moisture problem. It's the only area where I can put the furniture out of the way of the doorways...I've researched blinds and stuff but none seem like they would keep the rain blow off the porch. I am considering stapling plastic to the exterior to cover the whole area but hate to cut off the air circulation (I'm down in southeast Louisiana) and the view; also, would the staples rust? Anyhoo, any suggestions as to what I can do to solve this problem to make the area comfortable and dry, even in a storm, would be greatly appreciated...thanks, Addie

Default Re: Keeping rain out of screened porch

Jalousie windows were a southern favourite for a reason.
    Staples in stainless steel or monel resist rust.

Roll-up fabric awnings were the old-time way to do it. Or french doors with screens. Or full-height operational wood shutters. All of the solutions are quite costly, I'm afraid.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Thanks for the ideas...maybe exterior bermuda shutters that I can close when I need to but you're right...a little costly...I might be able to find some salvaged shutters here in town via the Greenproject, etc...thanks again.