Default 100 year old windows

Anyone looking for old windows with the original glass can contact me. We are getting new ones.

Default Re: 100 year old windows

I would be interested - can you let me know some of the dimensions and/or where you are located? I have a few old window panes I need to replace - would like to keep the old glass. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PlaneJane59 View Post
    Anyone looking for old windows with the original glass can contact me. We are getting new ones.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope the news ones are wood frames and not all vinyl other wise you should start budgeting for replacements in 10-15 years from now. Any reason you didn't just install storms and restore the old ones? My weight and pulley systems are smoother than my vinyl replacement window counterbalances were on my last house and they are nearly as air tight. They were midrange windows.

Why style are they? Where are you located? I might be interested in a few just for the glass. Good to hear you're not just tossing the old ones in the trash like most do.
    1925 Two-Story Stucco Beaux Arts Neoclassical

We are located in northwest Iowa. The sizes range from 48" x 48" on down. Couldn't convince DH to save the old ones.

That's a little far for me. But I suggest you go to "Old House Web" and let them know you have window glass. Someone shuld jump a the opportunity to take the glass and probably the old wood window frames as well off you hands.

The marketing campaign from the window manufactureres has been very impressive. They've thouraoughly convinced the general public that anything old is bad and inferior.

The sheetrock mfg's have done the same in that industry. Everyone is convinced that plaster is inferior and you should tear t out or cover it up. I had ot recently remind my wife that plaster installation and repairs don't involve any dust or sanding. How's that for inferior.
    1925 Two-Story Stucco Beaux Arts Neoclassical