+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tap replacement

Default tap replacement

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help with a tap replacement problem? I've just replaced some old washer rype taps with new ceramic disc taps. The old taps didn't leak but the new ones do. I've been told that the old breech is not compatible with the new type of tap...this is news to me and I wonder if putting in new seats would solve the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: tap replacement

If your say you replaced washer type stems with ceramic disks it can't be done. The two faucets are not compatible.

John

I don't think you can buy a seat that is compatible. Hope you didn't throw away the old taps.

Quote Originally Posted by kugar View Post
    Hi, I wonder if anyone could help with a tap replacement problem? I've just replaced some old washer rype taps with new ceramic disc taps. The old taps didn't leak but the new ones do. I've been told that the old breech is not compatible with the new type of tap...this is news to me and I wonder if putting in new seats would solve the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    I'm not following what you mean by old breech ??
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush