+ Reply to Thread

Default Vikrell tub and surround

I am replacing a bath tub and the accompanying shower surround and am weighing the merits of installing the Vikrell product. This is a snap together installation of a matreial I have never heard of before last week. I am hoping to get some feedback on this product and its durability.

Thanks

Default Re: Vikrell tub and surround

They go together very well and they don't leak. The biggest problem and the main reason we stopped using them is they can't seem to be able to ship them without them being damaged. We have opened box after box to find one that could be used. I suggest you open and inspect for damage before leaving the supplier. Be sure to check the bottom of the tub. There is a bracket that supports the apron of the tub. This has been one of the problem areas that seems to be broken most often.

John
    Last edited by johnjh2o; 09-14-2011 at 06:44 PM.

To add to John's recommendation:

A damaged shower surround? don't buy one even at 75% off.

From your response, I will assume that if I can find one without cracks and with the bracket in the base in tact, this is a decent product?

New and undamaged, it can give you good service for many years.

Just be aware of all its disadvantages as well as the advantages, before you reach a decision.

New and undamaged, it can give you good service for many years.

Just be aware of all its disadvantages as well as the advantages, before you reach a decision.

Post Re: Vikrell tub and surround

I purchased a tub and surround over 20 years ago and am now replacing it. Last year the bottom began showing hairline cracks so I guess it is time. The brand is National and I found a local dealer who carries that brand and it is identical to the one I have. You may want to check this brand out. I did notice it is not the 1987 price!