+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Site Settngs

Default Site Settngs

Now that we have live moderation, can we tweak the post settings to allow new users to post pictures and links? This used to be allowed before spammers took over the site. Now that we've got live moderation spam isn't so much an issue anymore and it would be beneficial for the real users to be able to use links and pictures to communicate their problems and resolutions.

Thanks.

To the Moderators, if you've got any inside contacts to the admin to make such suggestions, please take this idea under advisement.

Thanks.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: Site Settngs

i second that though, im one of the moderators and i cant post pictures.... i dont know how many times ive responded to a post which was a technical question and wanted to post a picture of my work to show how something should be done, or another picture of how somethign shouldnt be done (canuks pics)
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    or another picture of how somethign shouldnt be done (canuks pics)
    That kind of goes without saying, doesn't it?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Being able to post pics would be nice.

Jkirk, I don't know why you can't post pictures unless they are to large. If that is the case you can download a free re-sizer from Microsoft.

I think the reason for new posters from being allowed to post pictures is because of all the "PILL pushers" that were posting extremely large illustrated ads.

If any one wants a picture posted they can e-mail it to me and I'll post it for them if they are not allowed, providing it is relevant.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    If any one wants a picture posted they can e-mail it to me and I'll post it for them if they are not allowed, providing it is relevant.

Jack

I've been doing this when I find relevant links (not active ) in posts, the member that built the TOH end table project was the latest person that I've helped out with the posting of pics and links.