Remodeled my 20 year old kitchen and painted over stained cabinets. Painter used wrong color so had them repainted again 5 years later, this time white. Now the white paint is flaking bad on the inside of cabinets where contact is constantly made from removing and replacing items, I'm sure this is due to the second paint being a different type of paint from the first paint. Cabinets are now ruined as having them refinished would cost about as much as new cabinets. I have been living with this for years as I can't afford to fix them, nor do I want to undertake complete cabinet refinishing myself. Any suggestions? I 'm thinking that even thought I don't want to I have to sand the insides to kill the paint flaking. I'm hoping that job won't be too hard since it's on the inside. Thinking about distressing the outside of the cabinets, but instructions I find are for new cabinets. I have stain and 2 layers of paint on my cabinets already. Also if anyone has a good picture of finished distressed cabinets I would appreciate seeing it so I could use it as a guide. This website has a picture of some green distressed cabinets, but the distressing looks too uniform for my taste. Thanks for any help you can offer